• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Pak identifies Mastung suicide bomber as jihadist who fought in Afghanistan

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 21, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
Pak identifies Mastung suicide bomber as jihadist who fought in Afghanistan
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Karachi, Jul 20 (PTI) A jihadist who moved to Afghanistan two years ago to fight foreign forces has been identified as the suicide bomber who killed 149 people at an election meeting in Pakistan’s troubled Balochistan province last week, authorities said.

Deputy Inspector General Counter-Terrorism Department Aitzaz Ahmed Goraya said the bomber was identified as Hafeez Nawaz, a resident of Mirpur Sakro, 33 kms away from Thatta.

Related posts

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370

SC questions Guv’s delay in assenting to Bills, says term ‘as soon as  possible’ will serve no purpose

August 28, 2025
Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr

BJP files FIR over ‘abuses’ hurled at PM’s late mother during Rahul’s Bihar yatra

August 28, 2025

He said the bomber was identified from his hand which was found at the scene of the blast.

“The suicide bomber was seated in the fourth row during the corner meeting. He stepped forward to stand near the stage before detonating his explosives,” the officer said.

The attacker’s family “confirmed their son had been in Afghanistan for the last two years to wage jihad against the foreign forces”, Goraya said.

The blast on July 13 killed 149 people and left some 200 others injured, making it one of the deadliest attacks in the country’s history.

Nawab Siraj Raisani, a candidate from PB-35 (Mastung), was among those killed in the attack, claimed by the Islamic State terror group.

Initially, it was reported that the bomber had crossed into Chaman in Balochistan from Afghanistan to carry out the attack.

Goraya said that no facilitator of the bombing has yet been arrested.

Previous Post

Trump threatens to slap tariffs on all USD 505 bn of Chinese imports

Next Post

Pakistani-American father-son duo sentenced for unlawful export to Pak military

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
Pakistani-American father-son duo sentenced for unlawful export to Pak military

Pakistani-American father-son duo sentenced for unlawful export to Pak military

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.