• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

BJP leader urges Guv to cancel Mufti govt’s order withdrawing cases against stone-pelters

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 21, 2018
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
KPs ‘annoyed’ with govt over failure to address issues: BJP MLC
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jun 20 : A BJP leader has requested Governor N N Vohra to revoke the erstwhile Mehbooba Mufti government’s decision to take back several cases against stone-pelters in the Kashmir Valley.

In a letter to the Governor, BJP leader and advocate Ajay Agrawal has said the then state government decided to withdraw these cases without taking consent of the individual paramilitary/army and other personnel “who were the victims of stone-pelting incidents”.

More News

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

Load More

“As per media reports and the statements of various political parties and the outgoing chief minister, thousands of cases have been withdrawn by the Jammu and Kashmir government which were registered against the stone pelters.

“In these cases security forces, that is, CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF and Army personnel were the victims. These cases have been withdrawn without taking the consent of the individual paramilitary/army and other personnel. State has no power to withdraw a case in which injury was caused to an individual and his consent is not obtained prior to moving withdrawal of prosecution application by the state government, which is against the set procedure of the withdrawal of these criminal cases,” Agrawal said in the letter.

He has requested the Governor to cancel the order in “the overall national interest”.

“This is an act against the law and needs to be rectified immediately and order for withdrawal of cases be taken back. The orders may kindly be cancelled in the overall national interest as this is also in violation of law and ultra vires to the Constitution of India,” Agrawal said.

Earlier in February, the Mehbooba Mufti government had approved withdrawal of cases registered against 9,730 people involved in stone-pelting incidents, including first-time offenders, between 2008 and 2017.

Previous Post

Worsening law and order situation main reason for pullout: JK BJP chief

Next Post

69% youth feel communalism, jingoistic politics major threats

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

CM Omar says Kishtwar DC issued directive on religious leaders request

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday told the J&K Legislative Assembly that the Deputy Commissioner of Kishtwar issued the...

Read moreDetails

62 of 65 AMRUT schemes under execution in J&K: Govt informs House

J&K’s debt at Rs 1.37 lakh cr for FY25 to be offset by increased GSDP: CM Abdullah
February 20, 2026

Srinagar: The government on Friday informed the House that 65 Water Supply Schemes have been sanctioned for the Union Territory...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday strongly pitched for democratising artificial intelligence, and said some countries believe that...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that the return of the Kashmiri Pandit community to the valley, with...

Read moreDetails

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today passed grants amounting to ₹61,575.88 lakh for the General Administration Department (GAD),...

Read moreDetails

CM pledges regularisation of daily-wagers in 2026

Omar calls for minority status to Mata Vaishno Devi medical college to resume its operation
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the government will initiate the process of regularising daily-rated, ad-hoc...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters

69% youth feel communalism, jingoistic politics major threats

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.