• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Warner, Bancroft to play in Northern Territory in July

Agencies by Agencies
May 30, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
Warner, Bancroft to play in Northern Territory in July
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

MELBOURNE: Australian batsmen David Warner and Cameron Bancroft have signed up for a limited-overs tournament in Northern Territory in July as they look to return to cricket in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal which saw them banned from the national team.

Former Australia vice-captain Warner was confirmed for two one-day matches on July 21-22, while Bancroft would be available for the whole tournament, NT Cricket said in a statement.

More News

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

Load More

“Were delighted that Cameron and David will be joining us in Darwin for the Strike League,” NT Cricket CEO Joel Morrison said.

“Their presence and experience will be invaluable for our local players, and its a big endorsement for the fantastic work being done by the staff at NT Cricket to make Darwin the winter destination of choice for Australian cricket.”

Along with former Australia captain Steve Smith, Warner is serving a year-long ban, while his former Test opening partner Bancroft is serving nine months for his part in the Cape Town scandal which sullied the national team’s reputation and caused a major sponsor to withdraw support.

The bans issued by Cricket Australia preclude the trio from playing at international and State levels, along with the domestic ‘Big Bash’ Twenty20 tournament, but they are allowed to play in local third-tier club competitions and T20 tournaments overseas.

“I’m really looking forward to playing in the Strike League in July,” Warner said in the statement.

“I heard so much about the competition while I was in Darwin earlier this month that I’m keen to be part of it.”

Smith confirmed last week that he would return to cricket at a Twenty20 competition in Canada, which starts in late June.

Warner, who has already committed to playing for Sydney club side Randwick Petersham at the start of their season, is also expected to sign as a marquee player in the Canada tournament.

Bancroft is confirmed to play with his Western Australian club side Willetton later in the year.

Tim Paine will lead Australia during their limited-overs tour in England starting next month, their first international cricket since the tampering scandal in South Africa.

Previous Post

Alas, poor Bernard Lewis, a fellow of infinite jest

Next Post

Being mad about peace

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Being mad about peace

Being mad about peace

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.