• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, February 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Hazara killings tantamount to wiping out an entire generation, says Pak CJ

Agencies by Agencies
May 12, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
Hazara killings tantamount to wiping out an entire generation, says Pak CJ
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad, May 11: Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Friday said that the Hazara killings in Balochistan are tantamount to carnage, which is why the court took a suo motu notice of the targeted attacks.

A two-member Supreme Court (SC) bench, comprising Justice Nisar and Justice Ijazul Ahsan, was hearing a suo motu case regarding the targeted killing of the Hazara community in Quetta. The CJP had taken a suo motu notice after the Hazara community staged a protest against the recent increase in targeted attacks that killed at least five people within a month.

More News

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Load More

“In my opinion, this [Hazara killing] is equivalent to wiping out an entire generation,” said Justice Nisar. “We have to protect the lives and property of the [people of the] Hazara community.”

“We have no words to condemn these unfortunate attacks,” lamented the CJP.

A report on Hazara killings was submitted in court by Quetta Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Abdur Razzaq Cheema on the CJP’s orders. According to the report, 399 Shia, 36 Sunni and 29 settlers from the Hazara community have been killed in targeted attacks during the past six years.

In the past four months, nine people from the Hazara community have been murdered, the report stated. It added that 28 security officials have been killed so far in 2018. However, the situation has improved a lot now, Cheema claimed.

Advocate Iftikhar Ali, who was representing the Hazara community, lamented that targeted killings of the ethnic minority have been going on for 20 years, yet not a single arrest has been made.

“Our lives and property are being endangered,” he said. “Our people had to leave for Australia [to escape the situation].”

Ali also alleged that the police had withdrawn security from their community elders as well. The accusation was denied by Cheema.

The DIG told the court that 28 security officials had been killed in 2018 alone. At this point, the CJ asked Cheema if there was a connection between the killing of the Hazaras and security officials.

“We have worked very hard due to which the number of casualties has decreased,” Cheema responded and added that the Counter-Terrorism Department had arrested terrorists involved in cases of kidnapping for ransom.

Ali, however, said that the government had not acted upon a security plan that had been developed in 2013 by the PPP’s government. Justice Nisar asked him if the implementation of the plan would put an end to the violence against the Hazara community, to which he said that it could be fine-tuned. The chief justice ordered that the security plan should be improved and implemented.

The SC ordered law enforcement agencies to submit a report on the targeting of the Hazara community. He assured Ali that the court would form a committee if needed. However, Hazara Democratic Party leader retired Major Nadir Ali told the court that a joint investigation committee had been formed to investigate targeted attacks against the Hazara community, yet nothing had been done.

Qayyum Changezi, another representative of the Hazara community who appeared in court today, claimed that the terrorists who had been convicted in terrorism cases were still not punished.

He further lamented that the families of the martyrs had not been given jobs.

The case was adjourned until after Eid.

Previous Post

Director Agriculture reviews working of Enforcement Wings of Samba, Kathua district

Next Post

Exhibitions provide platform to expand trade promotion activities: Khalil Bandh

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held separate meetings with President of Spain Pedro Sanchez and Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent
February 19, 2026

Bathinda/Patiala:  Police on Wednesday lobbed tear gas shells to control a group of farmers after they allegedly pelted stones at...

Read moreDetails

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
February 19, 2026

Kolkata:  With numbers firmly stacked in its favour, the ruling TMC is set to win four of the five Rajya...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi holds talks with French President Macron in Mumbai

PM Modi holds talks with French President Macron in Mumbai
February 17, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with French President Emmanuel Macron to boost ties in...

Read moreDetails

India intensifying engagement with global partners from position of strength: Jaishankar

Victims of terrorism do not sit together with perpetrators of terrorism: Jaishankar
February 17, 2026

Mumbai: India is engaging with international partners more intensively from a position of strength, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on...

Read moreDetails

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday said the government must make aware, compensate and try to protect vulnerable people...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Exhibitions provide platform to expand trade promotion activities: Khalil Bandh

Exhibitions provide platform to expand trade promotion activities: Khalil Bandh

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.