• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 16, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

I&B ministry mulls sending nat film awards to ‘protesting’ winners via post

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 6, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, May 5:  The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is contemplating to send the citations, medals and cheques to over 50 absentee awardees at the 65th National Film Awards this year, through post.

The National Film Awards were presented on May 3 in the national capital, but many recipients decided to “boycott” the ceremony over the president handing over the honour to only a select set of winners.

More News

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

Load More

“The ministry is contemplating to send the National Film Awards to those who missed the function, through post. A decision regarding it will be taken soon,” ministry sources said.

They said it was not a new practice to send the awards via post to those who missed the event due to any reason.

In a departure from tradition, the function, held at Vigyan Bhavan, was divided into two phases. The first set of awards was conferred by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani and Minister of State Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.

The second lot, which included posthumous recognitions for Vinod Khanna and Sridevi (Dadasaheb Phalke and Best Actress, respectively), was presented by President Ram Nath Kovind.

The murmurs of discontent over the new practice under which the president was not going to present the awards to each of the winners began to gain ground during the rehearsal of the ceremony on May 2 when the winners were informed about the change.

Traditionally, the president gives away all the National Film Awards.

Earlier, over 70 artistes, in an open letter had said, that they were skipping the ceremony as they “felt dejected rather than honoured” on being informed at the last minute that the president would give away only 11 awards.

Previous Post

US, Pakistan can work together for Afghan peace, says Pentagon

Next Post

Iqbal- The philosopher, poet! 

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  Calling productive spending a hallmark of his government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the just unveiled...

Read moreDetails

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said women will play the most important role in creating Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails

Trade talks could never conclude under UPA rule due to its economic mismanagement: PM Modi

Post ceasefire, PM Modi chairs high-level meeting
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  In a sharp take down of trade negotiations during the UPA government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi urges India Inc. to step up investment push to drive next phase of growth

February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  With the government having done much of the heavy lifting through an aggressive capex push in recent years,...

Read moreDetails

Rahul Gandhi spreading lies over India’s trade deals with US, EU; farmers fully protected: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 15, 2026

Gandhinagar: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday accused Congress leader Rahul Gandhi of spreading "lies" and misleading farmers over...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Lessons from Iraq

Iqbal- The philosopher, poet! 

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.