• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Najeeb case: HC pulls up CFSL, Chandigarh over laxity in analysing suspects’ phones

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 3, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

 

New Delhi, Apr 2 : The Delhi High Court today pulled up a forensic laboratory in Chandigarh for its “laxity” in dealing with the examination of mobile phones of nine students who are suspects in the case of disappearance of JNU student Najeeb Ahmed.

More News

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

Your decisions can shape India’s emergence as a stronger trading partner: President to probationers

Naxal violence to be vanquished by March 2026; Centre resolved to stop infiltrators: HM

Load More

The high court, which had earlier directed the director of Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Chandigarh, to expedite the examination of seized electronic devices, made it clear that in case the process is not completed by April 30, the director of the laboratory has to be present before it.

The court had in February asked the laboratory to give its report to the CBI, which is probing the matter, by March 19.

A bench of justices S Muralidhar and I S Mehta was today informed by the CBI’s counsel that out of nine mobile phones, the laboratory has sent forensic analysis report of only three, which was also done by a junior officer who was not qualified enough.

The court took strong exception to the fact that despite its specific directions in the February 27 order asking the CFSL director to expedite the process, it has not been done till date.

“The court expresses grave concern that a matter of considerable seriousness has not received the attention it deserved from the CFSL. The mobile phones were sent to the CFSL on November 14, 2017. Till date the examination is nowhere complete,” the bench said.

It said the court was taking “a serious note of this laxity on the part of the CFSL” and directed that the examination of mobile phones be done by a senior officer and the report be made available to the CBI on or before April 30.

The bench said if the laboratory failed to do so, its director shall be personally present before the court on May 8 to explain his conduct.

The court was hearing a petition filed by Ahmed’s mother Fatima Nafees seeking directions to the police to trace her son who went missing in October 2016.

During the hearing, advocate Nikhil Goel, appearing for the CBI, filed a status report before the court in a sealed cover and sought time to complete the investigation.

He said they have received the forensic analysis report of three mobiles phones and have been scanning the data and so far there seemed no connection between the allegations made by Ahmed’s mother against the nine students.

Senior advocate Colin Gonsalves, appearing for Nafees, said the probe agency has not taken into custody the suspects who had threatened Ahmed a day before he disappeared and sought a court-monitored probe.

The CBI had earlier told the court that the investigating officer had visited the CFSL office on February 9, after repeated reminders sent earlier.

Ahmed had gone missing from the Mahi-Mandvi hostel of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on October 15, 2016 following a scuffle with some other students, allegedly affiliated to the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the previous night.

The high court had on May 16 last year handed over to the CBI the investigation into the disappearance of Ahmed, a student of M Sc Biotechnology. His mother had moved the high court on November 25, 2017, seeking directions to the police to trace her son.

However, as the Delhi Police remained clueless about his whereabouts even after seven months since he went missing, the probe was handed over to CBI on May 16 last year.

Previous Post

AMU students offer funeral prayer in absentia

Next Post

Gaza protests fade for now, but both sides brace for more

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday said the government must make aware, compensate and try to protect vulnerable people...

Read moreDetails

Your decisions can shape India’s emergence as a stronger trading partner: President to probationers

President on 2-day J&K visit from Wednesday
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: Underscoring the time of profound global transformation when new rules are reshaping interaction among nations, President Droupadi Murmu...

Read moreDetails

Naxal violence to be vanquished by March 2026; Centre resolved to stop infiltrators: HM

Anti-drone system to be deployed along international border, says HM Amit Shah
February 16, 2026

New Delhi:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah asserted on Monday that the Naxal violence in several states is breathing its...

Read moreDetails

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails

Budget shunned populism, bets on capex to power jobs and growth: PM Modi

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 15, 2026

New Delhi:  Calling productive spending a hallmark of his government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the just unveiled...

Read moreDetails

Women to play most important role in creating Viksit Bharat: PM

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said women will play the most important role in creating Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Gaza protests fade for now, but both sides brace for more

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.