• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Not allowed to enter Ajmer Dargah, its Deewan demands action

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 27, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jaipur, Mar 26: The Deewan of the Ajmer Dargah, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, has written letter to the CEO of dargah demanding a probe on accused khadims (caretakers) for not allowing him to enter the dargah’s sanctum sanctorum to perform a ritual on Saturday night.

Khan, who is the spiritual head of the 12th century shrine of Khwaja Moinddin Chisti, was allegedly not allowed to enter the shrine after some Khadims raised objections to his decision of  declaring Nasiruddin Chisti — Khan’s elder son — as his rightful successor.

More News

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact

Infiltrators to be removed not only from electoral rolls but also from country in next 5 years: Shah

Shirtless protest: Court sends arrested IYC workers to 5-day police custody

Load More

The incident took place during the 806th Urs of Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, which concluded today.

“It is a centuries old tradition which was broken by Khadims who illegally stopped me from performing the ritual. I have demanded a probe and action against Khadims by writing a letter to the CEO of the dargah,” Khan said today.

Khan claimed that it was the second known occasion since 1943 when a Deewan was stopped from performing  ‘Gusl ki rasam’.

However, according to Wahid Hussain, the secretary of the Anjuman committee (body of khadims) Khan wanted to perform the ritual with his son, which was “unacceptable”.

“Deewan cannot declare his successor like this. He wanted to perform the ritual along with his son which was unacceptable. He should have gone alone,” Hussain said.

Nazim of the Dargarh’s CEO, I B Peerzada has confirmed about receiving the Deewan’s letter and said that the matter will be probed.

On Saturday night the father-son duo was kept waiting outside the shrine for nearly two hours. And though the gates were opened after the intervention of District collector Gaurav Goyal, SP Rajendra Singh and CEO of the Dargah I B Peerzada, by then the  the time for performing the ceremony had already passed.

Previous Post

Egyptians vote in prez polls, incumbent Sisi set for landslide

Next Post

Govt to borrow Rs 2.88 lk cr in Apr-Sept; to issue inflation indexed bond

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact

Modi-Lula talks: India, Brazil set USD 20-billion annual trade target, sign critical minerals pact
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  India and Brazil on Saturday set an annual bilateral trade target of USD 20 billion in the next...

Read moreDetails

Infiltrators to be removed not only from electoral rolls but also from country in next 5 years: Shah

Culprits involved in JK terror attack won’t be spared, says Amit Shah
February 21, 2026

Guwahati: Asserting that if India can be free of Naxals, it can also be free of infiltrators, Union Home Minister...

Read moreDetails

Shirtless protest: Court sends arrested IYC workers to 5-day police custody

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
February 21, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Saturday sent the four Indian Youth Congress (IYC) workers, who were arrested for protesting...

Read moreDetails

PM discusses potential of harnessing AI in agri, edu with CEOs of AI & deeptech startups

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday discussed the potential of harnessing artificial intelligence technology in various sectors like...

Read moreDetails

Answer to ‘abject surrender’ lies in ‘grips’, ‘chokes’ placed on PM: Rahul on India-US trade deal

PM Modi ‘specimen’ of people who thinks they know more than God: Rahul Gandhi; BJP says Rahul ‘fake Gandhi’, ‘insults’ India
February 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Stepping up his attack on the government over the interim US trade deal, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on...

Read moreDetails

Congress left borders open, leading to infiltration in Assam, alleges Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
February 20, 2026

Nathanpur (Assam): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday accused the Congress of leaving the country's borders open, which led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Govt to borrow Rs 2.88 lk cr in Apr-Sept; to issue inflation indexed bond

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.