• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Bawana fire: Factory owner, 6 others chargesheeted by police

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 22, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Mar 21 : The Delhi Police today filed a charge sheet in a city court against the owner of a firecracker factory in northwest Delhi, where 17 people were killed in a massive blaze earlier this year.

Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Gagandeep Singh, before whom the police filed the document, took cognisance of the charge sheet and summoned factory owner Manoj Jain, co-owner Lalit Goyal and five others as accused before it on April 4.

More News

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

Load More

A fire had broken out in the storage unit on the ground floor of the two-storey building in Bawana area on January 20 and engulfing the entire structure. Of the 17 killed, 10 were women. A man and woman were also injured in the incident.

Besides Manoj and Lalit, five other persons named as accused in the 800-page charge sheet are Surjeet Goyal, Girish Rathore, Sangeeta Vijay Yadav, Uma Mittal and Brij Bhushan Sood.

Surjeet and Girish were business partners of Manoj and Lalit in another factory in Bawana, while accused Uma had rented out the factory premise to Manoj, the police said, adding that accused Sangeeta had provided chemical products including acid to Manoj.

While Manoj and Lalit are in judicial custody since January 31, Surjeet and Girish were earlier granted bail after being arrested, while Sangeeta, Uma and Brij were never arrested.

There is sufficient material against the accused under various offences to be summoned by the court, the charge sheet said.

All the seven persons have been accused of the offences under sections 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC and relevant provisions of the Explosives Act, Poison Act and Juvenile Justice Act.

The police, while referring to the statement of some witnesses, including the labourers who worked in the factory, alleged that Manoj and Lalit manufactured Holi Gulal fire crackers with explosive materials “without following safety norms”.

It has been alleged by a factory worker that there was only one entry and exit gate in the premises and there was no fire-fighting equipment there.

It said that about 511 cartons of pop crackers were lying on the ground floor and some finished pop crackers in the open were kept along with 10 packing machines on the ground floor and first floor.  “The crackers were lying scattered on all the floors and burst on mere pressure,” it said.

The police said that as per the post mortem report, all the 17 victims died due to a combined effect of asphyxia and shock consequent to burn injuries.

It said a supplementary charge sheet may be filed in due course as a no-objection certificate from Delhi Pollution Control Committee to destroy crackers stored in another factory is awaited, along with the FSL reports.

The police has named 84 witnesses in the charge sheet and given call detail records (CDR) of all the accused saying ” it is apparent that all the accused persons were in touch with each other”.

Earlier, advocate Rishipal Singh, representing some victims, had told the court that as per the statements of injured victims Roop Prakash and Sunita Devi, Lalit was present at the spot when the incident took place, contrary to the claims of the accused.

He had said that the accused were running the factory without any licence and the explosive materials were procured from outside Delhi.

Previous Post

Dy CM pays tributes to Police, Army personnel

Next Post

DDC Kupwara reviews progress on dev works

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

Defence deals boost India-US ties, new era in relations, say experts
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: India is likely to formally join a US-led strategic alliance, known as 'Pax Silica', which is aimed at...

Read moreDetails

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday took a swipe at the government over India reportedly joining "late" the list of...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held separate meetings with President of Spain Pedro Sanchez and Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent
February 19, 2026

Bathinda/Patiala:  Police on Wednesday lobbed tear gas shells to control a group of farmers after they allegedly pelted stones at...

Read moreDetails

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
February 19, 2026

Kolkata:  With numbers firmly stacked in its favour, the ruling TMC is set to win four of the five Rajya...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

DDC Kupwara reviews progress on dev works

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.