• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Lalu convicted in 4th fodder scam case, Jagannath Mishra acquitted

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 20, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ranchi, Mar 19 : Jailed former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad was today convicted by a special CBI court in the fourth fodder scam case while another ex-chief minister Jagannath Mishra was acquitted.

CBI judge Shiv Pal Singh held guilty the 69-year-old RJD chief  along with 18 others while Mishra was among 12 acquitted in connection with the case RC 38 A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 3.13 crore from Dumka treasury in the early 1990s.

More News

PM Modi holds talks with French President Macron in Mumbai

India intensifying engagement with global partners from position of strength: Jaishankar

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

Load More

The charges against the convicted persons are 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 409 (misappropriation), 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating), 471 (using forged documents as genuine), 477A/IPC and section 13 (2) with 13 (i) c &d of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 (misuse of official position for pecuniary advantage by the public servant and others).

Emerging out of the court, Prasad told reporters he did not wish to make any comment, while party vice president Raghubansh Prasad Singh said that they would challenge the order in the high court.

The judge will hear arguments on the quantum of sentence from March 21, according to a CBI counsel.

Today’s decision is the fourth conviction for Prasad in fodder scam cases pertaining to illegal withdrawal of money from government treasury in 1990s in the undivided Bihar when RJD was in power and Prasad the chief minister.

Prasad has been in Birsa Munda jail at Ranchi since December 23 last year after being convicted in the second case pertaining to illegal withdrawal of money from Deogarh treasury.

Earlier, the RJD supremo was convicted on September 30, 2013 in the RC 20A/96 case of Chaibasa pertaining to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore in the 1990s. He got five years prison term in the case following which he was disqualified from the Lok Sabha and barred from contesting elections for six years after completion of jail term.

There were a total of 47 accused in the  fourth fodder scam. Fourteen of them had died during the course of trial while two turned approvers.

“Koi comment nahi karna hai (I do not have to make any comment),” the RJD chief said to mediapersons waiting outside the court here.

In the second case, Prasad was convicted in the RC64A/96 in connection with fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 89.27 lakh from Deoghar Treasury in the 1990s. He was awarded 3.5 years sentence in the case on December 23 last year.

In another Chaibasa case, RC 68A/96 pertaining to Rs 37.62 crore Prasad got five years prison term on January 24 this year.

On the other hand, Jagannath Mishra was acquitted in two fodder cases while being convicted in two cases.

In today’s verdict by the special CBI court, former Public Accounts Committee Chairmen Jagdish Sharma and Dhruv Bhagat, ex-MLA R K Rana, former Bihar minister Vidya Sagar Nishad were also acquitted in the case.

Former Income Tax Commissioner A C Choudhary, former IAS officers Beck Julius and Mahesh Prasad and former divisional commissioner M C Subarno were among the ex-government officials who were acquitted. Another former IAS official Phool Chand Singh was convicted along with some former AHD officials and transporters.

The fifth case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 139 crore from the Doranda treasury in Ranchi is pending with the court.

Previous Post

Imran Ansari visits Pattan, meets several deputations

Next Post

Baramulla police traces missing duo

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi holds talks with French President Macron in Mumbai

PM Modi holds talks with French President Macron in Mumbai
February 17, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with French President Emmanuel Macron to boost ties in...

Read moreDetails

India intensifying engagement with global partners from position of strength: Jaishankar

Victims of terrorism do not sit together with perpetrators of terrorism: Jaishankar
February 17, 2026

Mumbai: India is engaging with international partners more intensively from a position of strength, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on...

Read moreDetails

Protect vulnerable, make people aware of cyber criminals’ modus operandi: SC to Centre

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday said the government must make aware, compensate and try to protect vulnerable people...

Read moreDetails

Your decisions can shape India’s emergence as a stronger trading partner: President to probationers

President on 2-day J&K visit from Wednesday
February 16, 2026

New Delhi: Underscoring the time of profound global transformation when new rules are reshaping interaction among nations, President Droupadi Murmu...

Read moreDetails

Naxal violence to be vanquished by March 2026; Centre resolved to stop infiltrators: HM

Anti-drone system to be deployed along international border, says HM Amit Shah
February 16, 2026

New Delhi:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah asserted on Monday that the Naxal violence in several states is breathing its...

Read moreDetails

Exclusive Interview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with PTI | Q&A

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 15, 2026

 On the trade deal QUESTION: In the last month or so, India’s global interaction has seen a sharp uptick in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Baramulla police traces missing duo

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.