• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Army hints at action against killing of 4 soldiers by Pak

KI News by KI News
February 6, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Army hints at action against killing of 4 soldiers by Pak
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Feb 05 (PTI) The Army today indicated it would take retaliatory action against the killing of four army-men in heavy shelling by Pakistani forces along the LoC in the Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, saying that its action would speak for itself.

Lt Gen Sarath Chand said the Army has been responding appropriately to Pakistan shelling, asserting that India will continue to give a “befitting reply” to such acts.

More News

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

Load More

“That (retaliation) goes without saying, I think I don’t have to say that. (Our) action will speak for itself,” he said when asked about the killing of a Captain and three other army-men in the Rajouri sector.

The Captain and three soldiers were killed and at least four people injured yesterday in the heavy Pakistani shelling along the LoC.

Chand also accused the Pakistani Army of supporting the infiltration of militants into Jammu and Kashmir.

“We will continue with our process of giving a befitting reply (to such acts),” he told reporters on the sidelines of an event here, adding that there were even incidents of mutilation of bodies of jawans last year.

“We have been responding appropriately,” he said.

“There has been cross-border shelling from their (Pakistan’s) side. And one of the shells landed near the officer and his men, leading to the casualties,” he said when asked about yesterday’s shelling.

Captain Kapil Kundu, a resident of village Ransika in Haryana’s Gurgaon district, was killed just six days before his 22nd birthday, Army officials said.

Havildar Roshan Lal, 42, a resident of Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, Riflemen Ramavatar, 27, of Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, and Subham Singh, 23, of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua district were also killed in the shelling.

Home Minister Rajnath Singh said earlier today Indians had full faith in the valour of the Army.

“People of the country have full faith in the valour of the Indian Army,” the minister told reporters outside Parliament when asked about the steps India would take in response to the attack.

Pak summons Indian diplomat over ‘unprovoked firing’

Islamabad, Feb 05 (PTI) Pakistan today summoned India’s Deputy High Commissioner J P Singh here to condemn the alleged “unprovoked firing” by Indian troops across the Line of Control which resulted in the death of two people.

Director General (South Asia and SAARC) Mohammad Faisal summoned Singh and “condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations” by Indian forces, the Foreign Office said.

In a statement, it said that firing on February 04 in Nezapir, Nikial and Karela sectors killed two civilians, including 18-year-old Rafaqat Ali and 25-year-old Tasleem Begum, and injured seven others including two children.

Faisal claimed that “the Indian forces along the LoC and  the working boundary are continuously targeting the civilian populated areas with heavy mortars and automatic weapons.”

In 2018, “the Indian forces have carried out more than 190 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the working boundary, resulting in the deaths of 13 civilians,” it said.

“This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed 1970 ceasefire violations,” he claimed.

Faisal said the deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and against the human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws.

“The repeated ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation,” he asserted.

Faisal urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement and investigate the repeated incidents of ceasefire violations, the statement said.

He also urged the Indian side to allow the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions.

India maintains that UNMOGIP has outlived its utility and is irrelevant after the Simla Agreement and the consequent establishment of the Line of Control.

In January, the Foreign Office summoned India’s Deputy High Commissioner on January 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Previous Post

Pakistan calls for resolution of Kashmir for peace in subcontinent

Next Post

JK govt calls for resumption of Indo-Pak peace process  

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday called for transforming the educational campuses to realise the vision of Developed India@2047....

Read moreDetails

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
February 18, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 17: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday alleged that a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from...

Read moreDetails

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

New Criminal Laws will take effect from July 1: Union Law Minister Meghwal
February 18, 2026

Srinagar:  Union Minister for Law and Justice Arjun Meghwal on Tuesday said statehood to Jammu and Kashmir would be restored...

Read moreDetails

J&K records Rs 24,080.79 cr GST collection in three years, gets Rs 15,795.13 cr IGST share: CM

CM Abdullah introduces Jan Vishwas, anti-discrimination bills in J-K Assembly
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir recorded a steady rise in GST collections, with total revenue amounting to Rs 24,080.79 crore over...

Read moreDetails

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday underscored the vital role of the Tele-law initiative in expanding access to justice and...

Read moreDetails

J&K’s 24 PSUs loss-making, four non-functional: Assembly told

Baba Reshi–Gulmarg Road DPR prepared; govt reiterates commitment to robust road connectivity: Deputy CM
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Out of the 44 public sector undertakings in Jammu and Kashmir, 24 are making losses and four are non-functional,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
JK govt calls for resumption of Indo-Pak peace process  

JK govt calls for resumption of Indo-Pak peace process  

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.