PDD lineman dies of electrocution in Budgam, second death in last 5 months
Budgam, Oct 18: An employee working in the Power Development Department (PDD) died of electrocution while installing an electric transformer here in Zogoo village of Khansahib on Thursday, a PDD official said.
The official said that the deceased received severe electric burns when he was repairing an electric transformer in Zogoo village. “He was shifted to local Primary Health Centre where doctors declared him brought dead.”
The deceased has been identified as Bashir Mohd Khan Son of Gul Mohammad Khan, a resident of Zogoo Kharian.
Meanwhile, Executive Engineer PDD Budgam, Nasrullah Jan said that the deceased was a permanent employee in the department and his next of kin will be given employment under SRO-43, besides compensation to his family.
Earlier, a need based employee died while connecting power supply here in Meerpora Chewdara area of Budgam in June this year. He was identified as Abdul Rehman Ganaie of Machama Beerwah.