KI News

Sopore man dies of electrocution while erecting tent in Kupwara village

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar, July 11: A 34-year-old man died on the spot due to electrocution in Bumhama area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Tuesday evening.

A police officer told GNS that Reyaz Ahmad Lone (34) son of Abdul Jabar Lone of Achabal, Sopore received the serious electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire in Bumhama locality late last evening.

The officer said the incident occurred when Reyaz and his other colleagues were erecting a tent and fell down on the ground following the electric shock after the pole touched the high-voltage line.

Reyaz was immediately taken to Sub-District hospital Kupwara where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival, he said.

After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites, he added. (GNS)

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Kashmir Images
  • 2
    Shares

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *